Top 5 Weight Loss Fiber Food Ideas for Dinner
Dietary fiber not just helps in lowering cholesterol levels and controlling blood sugar but also aids your weight loss efforts. The human body takes longer to digest fiber which helps to make you feel full quicker and for longer durations. This makes fiber the ideal food option to help weight loss by curbing appetite and overeating. Increasing your fiber intake can help you significantly augment your weight loss efforts. Here in this article we will look at some great ways of introducing fiber into your dinner to help you lose weight.
Top 5 Fiber Food Dinner Ideas for Weight Loss
Here are some great fiber food ideas for your dinner to help you shed those extra pounds quicker.
- Switch to sweet potato instead of your regular spud: Sweet potatoes pack in about 2 grams of more fiber in each tuber as compared to the regular Idaho variety. If you do not like sweet potatoes too much, you could consider eating the regular ones with their skin on. The skin alone adds about 1 gram of fiber.
- Toss some chickpeas in your soup: The next time you make your favorite soup, toss in some chickpeas (about half a cup) into the pot. The chickpeas will readily absorb the soup’92s flavor as well as add about 6 grams of extra fiber to your meal.
- Go green with your red sauce: Add about half a cup of chopped spinach to your favorite pasta sauce. The spinach takes up the sauce’92s flavor while increasing your fiber intake by an additional 2 grams.
- Cook cauliflower, broccoli and carrots: Cook these vegetables instead of having them raw for an extra dose of fiber. They pack in about 3 to 5 grams of fiber in each serving when cooked. This is about twice as much of what you get when you eat these vegetables raw. Heat makes the fiber in these vegetables more readily available.
- Uncooked oatmeal for the meatloaf: Instead of using bread crumbs the next time you make meatloaf, use uncooked oatmeal.’a0 Add about ‘be cup of uncooked oats for every pound of ground meat. This will boost the overall fiber count to over 8 grams.
Incorporating these diet friendly fiber food ideas in your dinner menu can go a long way in helping you lose weight.
In addition to adding these tips, be sure to incorporate our weight loss tea into your diet as well.