What Information Do We Collect?
- We may collect personally identifiable information, such as your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number credit card information or other personally identifiable information (collectively, .Personally Identifiable Information.) from you when you register on the site, place an order, enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature.
- You may, however, visit our site anonymously without providing any Personally Identifiable Information.
- We also collect Personally Identifiable Information about gift recipients so that we can fulfill the gift purchase. The information we collect about gift recipients is not used for marketing purposes.
- We also collect information that, by itself, cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as your IP address, browser type, domain name. Like many web sites, we use “cookies” to enhance your experience and gather non-personally identifiable information about visitors and visits to our web sites. Please refer to the “Do we use ‘cookies’?” section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the web site, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- We use Personally Identifiable Information provided to us upon ordering products to quickly process your transactions. If you elect to have products shipped to you automatically on an ongoing basis, or if you register as a member, we will store your Personally Identifiable Information for as long as necessary to process the automatic transactions or for as long as you remain a member.
- If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, please refer to the “How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?” section below. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and ‘members-only’ content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
How do we protect visitor information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your Personally Identifiable Information. Your Personally Identifiable Information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your Personally Identifiable Information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above. Notwithstanding our efforts to protect your Personally Identifiable Information from loss, misuse or alteration by third parties, there is always risk involved with transmitting information over the Internet. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security or privacy of any Personally Identifiable Information that you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Do we use “cookies”?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won’t have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service.
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
To modify your e-mail subscriptions, please let us know by modifying your preferences in the “My Account” section. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the “My Account” section of our site and remove your Personally Identifiable Information. Please note that we may maintain Personally Identifiable Information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping. Please also note that it is not technologically possible for us to remove each and every record of Personally Identifiable Information that you have provided to us. Our need to back-up our systems in order to protect information from inadvertent loss means that a copy of your Personally Identifiable Information may exist in a non-erasable form that will be difficult or impossible for us to locate.
Third party links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. Our site is not designed for or directed to children under the age of 13. We do not collect Personally Identifiable Information from any person we actually know is under the age of 13. We urge all parents or guardians to participate in their children’s exploration of the Internet, and to teach their children about protecting their personal information while online.
Changes to our policy
Questions and feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Policy Only
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our web site.