Low Fat Wrap Recipes
Low fat wraps can be healthy, diet friendly and tasty lunch options for those on a trying to lose weight and get healthy.
Here are a couple of ideas to get you inspired…
Low Fat Chicken and Yogurt Wrap
- Greek yogurt, zero fat, strained: ½ cup
- Lemon juice: 1 teaspoon
- Curry powder: 1½ cup
- Chicken breast, finely chopped, cooked: 1½ cup
- Celery, diced: 1/3 cup
- Apple, diced: ½ cup
- Green or red grapes, sliced: ½ cup
- Whole wheat, low fat tortilla wraps: 4
Mix the curry powder, yogurt and lemon juice in a small mixing bowl. Place the diced apples, grape halves, and celery in a medium sized bowl. Add the curried yogurt mixture to the ingredients in the medium bowl and blend well. Line the whole wheat tortilla wraps with dark leaved lettuce. Now take the chicken mixture and spoon about one fourth of it on one end of the wraps. Now roll it up, slice it into two and serve. This preparation yields 4 wraps.
Avocado and Asparagus Wrap
- Ripe avocado, peeled and pitted: 1
- Asparagus: 24 spears
- Lime juice, freshly squeezed: 1 tablespoon
- Garlic, minced: 1 clove
- Whole wheat tortilla wraps: 3
- Nonfat plain yogurt: 3 tablespoons
- Cold long grain white rice, cooked: 1 ½ cups
- Fresh cilantro leaves: 1/3 cup
- Red onion, chopped: 2 tablespoon
Take a medium sauce pan and fill it with about 2 inches of water. Set it to boil over high heat. Take a steamer basket and place the asparagus in it. Cover it and steam for about 5 minutes till it turns tender. Now remove the asparagus and rinse it in cold water to stop the cooking. Drain thoroughly afterwards. Mash the avocado, garlic and the lime juice in a small bowl. Now take the yogurt and the rice in another small mixing bowl and blend it well. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Heat the tortillas one at a time in the pan for about 20 seconds each side till they soften. Now spread the garlic-avocado puree mixture among the tortillas equally. Top each with the asparagus, cilantro, rice mixture and onion. Now roll it up and slice it in half. You are ready to serve. This preparation will yield 3 wraps.